Friday, January 25, 2008

Somewhere between a food coma and a heart attack

S has been trying to go eat at the new BBQ place in the Rio called RUB BBQ. The other day it wasn't open when we attempted to go. So we ventured in today. Well as usual it was WAY TOO MUCH DAMN FOOD! but very good!

When I got home I needed a nap or i'd go into a food coma!
I still feel like I am going to have a heart attach! OMG if you have RUB BBQ in your town, beware of the gooey butter cake (which S ordered for his birthday cake-his BD is Monday, and he will kill me for the mention of it but i can handle it). The cake was.... soo good, too good, and its soo bad for you! But I loved it, shared the piece with him and he ate the most of it and , oops sorry i'm rambling, too much sugar i guess!

Anyway I had pulled chicken bbq platter with mac n cheese and cornbread and drank sweet tea. Probably by far the best sweet tea i have had, sorry Lucille's (the former best IMO). They have 4 bottles of 'sauce' on the table, and I think one should not have been there- it was just catchup. the other two were their original bbq sauce, a sweet n spicy bbq sauce, and a peppered vinegar sauce (Carolina style- ALMOST). S makes a better Carolina sauce, but my stomach can't handle it anymore.

So I ate way more than I should have, but enjoyed every bite, and should i crave bbq again and dont want to drive to Lucille's, I'm headed to the RUB.

I assume S is on the other PC right now writing his tale of too much sugar and not enough pork, so you get 2 sides to the story. go check it out!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
By the way- I started my day with cake too. Yesterday the Pink Chincken Poker room cashier came over to O'Shits to find me and invite me over for a birthday celebration for S. I kept my mouth shut all of yesterday and this morning, I tried to get out of eating breakfast knowing good-n-well i was getting cake, but instead had found the smallest bowl in the cupboard sprinkled some cheerios and milk in to make it look like i was nourishing myself (LOL). Then this a.m. I snuck into poker room before my shift and S's co-workes plotted and schemed to distract him while the others got the cake ready, and we started singing the birthday song and passing cake out. Yummy Chocolate cake from the Mexican grocery/bakery.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
AND...
I only worked 4.5 hours today, don't think I would have gotten to the RUB had I worked all 8!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liked both of your restaurant reviews! I am now double sure that my bad cholestoral just spiked!!! ha,ha! The BBQ sounds exquisite - still like my place back here in circle city. Good to spill the beans on the b-day!

DiceGRRL said...

I sure hope we aren't talking about GT Souths!!! *Drool* Thats the best ever if you ask me