Saturday, January 26, 2008

Nicknames and Music Trivia

I don't know if i wrote about the new music selections they are playing at work now. Now being- since the Xmas music stopped. But it is a lot of 80 pop and rock. Its good stuff, we like to reminisce and test each other on our memories of who the artist is, or like what movie Soundtrack it was from etc.

The floorperson, H who plays the most and knows the most is in his early 40's, I'm in my early 30's and G is 30. We are the main characters in the game.

Yesterday while H is on break G & I are still going back and forth with the trivia. I was on a winning streak with this and seemed to know an abundance of the songs that were played. G comes up with this nickname for me that will now reveal my first name to my readers: JUKEBOX JULIE


G is a modern day backpack rapper with Arrested Development influences. He's got some tunes on myspace.

Today G had a nickname for another co-worker E-DUB, which makes more sense when you know his name. Anyway so I asked G if that was this guy's new rapper name. Then I asked if I had a rapper name, and he said "You can't you're already JUKEBOX JULIE!"

I like when H is around and a new song comes on the system, and he doesn't even have a chance to ASK me if I know who the band is and I burst out like when West End Girls came on and I just said "PET SHOP BOYS!" But sometimes I get stumped, don't get me wrong! I am ONLY in my early 30's!!

Ok well to make the story funny, I made G laugh anyway. G was telling H about my new nickname and so I said something like"You gotta put a coin in to see what I'll do next" and you now where the guys went with that, and thats fine/to be expected- we are craps dealers ;) I guess it was so funny to G he had to turn away to laugh. And then there's H pulling a Quarter out of his pocket!

No comments: