Monday, December 11, 2006

Big word for revenge

If I haven't said so before, I will say it now. I like to start on stick, Not because it enable me a 20-minute EO (Early Out) on a 8 hour shift, but because I like to see the table. I like to get a good view on whats going on on the table and pick the side with the most favorable action.

Today I went to the dead side and avoided a guy with big crazy bets who was loosing his ass. I think he lost about $5,000 at that table alone.

On a break later with my box man, I said " You mad at me for not taking the big side?" because I have the most dice experience of todays crew. But he said "no." So I went on with the day.

Even later yet... I'm on stick and my favorite stroker shows up.

A Stroker is a player who intentionally or unintentionally jerks the dealers around. Often this is done by throwing out late bets or by pulling tricks like throwing a 100 bill on the Field at the last second and then asking for change when a non-field number rolls. Other Stroker techniques including mumbling bets so that the dealer can not hear and "barber poling their bets (betting multiple denominations of chips at once) so the dealers have to work to break down the bet for payoff. Some Strokers actually work in teams at each end of the table, one betting the pass line and the other betting the don't pass line to jack up comps and to get free drinks.


OK, he is not so bad as this makes it, but he does drive me nuts! He doesnt do anything illegal, just a pain!

So he asked what side i was dealing on as I was on stick when he showed up.I pointed to the opposite side and laughed, but the box gave me up and I was screwed. It was my comeuppance!

I am guessing my box saw him and planted him on my table! For making him babysit the newer dealers on the big action early on.

No comments: