Friday, June 16, 2006

Audition Number Two

Wednesday I audutioned again (at the Flamingo). I arranged for it to be prior to my work shift... 6pm audition; work shift starts at 8pm.

I'm ready, anxious, excited and confident! I already know I only get to show my Blackjack game. I got down to the pit to find Jim (the audition conductor) ahead of schedule about 10 til 6. While I was waiting, another O'sheas dealer showed up, and asked me where to clock in, it was her 1st time working as Flamingo's extra-board. So I gave her a short tour to the clock and in that process I saw Jim, who seemed to have seen me being helpful, friendly ...upbeat and positive! Ok thatas a pun on the infamous FOCUS training for Harrah's employees.

Jim stops me and says "Let me get my things together and get organized, then we will get you on a game." No Problem, I went and leaned on a 21 table and greeted walk-bys.

Then Jim takes me to a show game, wham bam no mistakes making the players talk and laugh and it was great. On to a Single deck game. Same story. Then I am off the game and Jim says they are scheduling the dice auditions seperate, but he remembered me from last time AND that I did really good this time.

So I then had two hours to burn before I went to work...
I was suposed to deal 21 at work today but bounced all over the pit. I ended the night on craps (oddly!) and topped off the night with 2 hours OT, so I was at my place of employment a total of 12 hours!

While I was on my 2nd break of the night however, I walked into the breakroom, saw floorman Phil talking to another dealer and as I sat down near them Phil said "I hear J did really well too." And the conversation went liek this:

Me: Well at what?
Phil: Your Audition, I am really proud of you!
Me: What's my score?
Phil: I can't tell you yet...
Me: Well Just tell me if it was greater than 55 points
Phil: yes, yes it is.
Me: Well That's an improvement for sure (remember I had 52 last round), was it better than 60?
Phil nodded a no to me and the conversation was over.

On to Thursday night, 4am, I am clocked out and getting ready to leave. Thursday is the last day of auditions. I'm walking thru the break room to my locker and a few other dealers asked me my score. WTF? No one is supposed to know their scores yet? But they do and no one told me mine...

Today: Friday I will know my Blackjack Score when I get to work. Stay Tuned!

No comments: