Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Way behind...

I think it was last Friday...
We had a newbie still learning to deal dice on stick, and we came to a point where the thrower accidentally threw one of the dice off the table. I told the stick dealer to dump the bowl of remaining dice and move on (this is proper procedure) and the boxman blurted a sudden "shut up!" at me and I looked at him surprised and laughed at him saying "what did you say?!" even tho I knew... And he said, rather than repeating the two obvious words, "We have to find the dice before we move on" and I honestly do not remember anyone ever telling me that, so I questioned his procedures, and he said "I know what procedures are, but this is the bosses rule ( his boss is over this shift only) and won't apply once you go back to swing shift."

Anyway We both got a kick out of the fact he said "shut up" to me in fromt of God and Everyone, I said tho "normally you'd get writen up that, but I am not going to take it personal" And hte rest of the day, everytime he would say something I jokingly told him to "shut up"

Now on to Saturday...
Blatent Drunks all around the dice table, yound and old and I was already not feeling well due to my arm pain. About half of the way thru the day another one of our dice dealers was not on the game that day and was on same break as me and hte box man. The boxman told him I suggesting switching to carnival games for the rest of the day- not even blackjack- just the silly poker derived games. So when break was over we told the floorperson I had a bad headache from the drunks etc on hte dice table and wanted off for a while, the this other dealer agreed to swap with me. And it worked out fine, for me. Next break, one of the other dealers on the dice table told me I beat him to it, he was going to do the same thing! Then one more break later it was right after someone was being an @$$Hole to him, he found the last available dice dealer to swapoff with. Apparently no-one was dealing well with the fleas that day. Thing is the floorpersons/boxman weren't doing anything to make it any better, like asking the drunks to chill out, etc.

Sunday was obviously my Friday...
1st this is funny, I went to Let it Ride and there was only 2 guys who knew each other, and had been there a while... They were clearly enjoying the soundtrack of the night, and as I began to shuffle they asked me if I sang. I told them that I did but only when no one could her me :) and as every 70s era song blarred the airwaves they sang along. They tried and tried to get me to sing along too. Finally when ELO came on with Evil Woman I sang along, this granted me 2 red chips! The other guy said he'd double it if I could tell him who sang it, well I blurted out ELO, of course and gave the hand signle for 'bring it on' but I never got the 2nd $10... But I did have a good time at that table. They told me no other dealer would sing along.

Then Later I was on hte 21 shoe. This is a story to prove what a bore and monotony the game is. All 5 seats are full, after so many rounds/hands on this table the guy in the 5th seat must have gone to the rest room and I did not realize... sad I know. Well I dealt everyone their 1st card including the empty seat. the cards on the shoe are face up, so his card, a 10 was suposed to be my card. but no one wants a dealer to have a 10 to start with. and as I realized what I did I called over the floor person who handled my goof-up well. He took the 10 out of play I dealt the other seats their 2nd cards and myself. The 3rd seat ended up splitting her Aces and ended up with low hands liek 13 and 15 and everyone else had 18, 19, and 20. I ended up with 17 and paid everyone with 18 and up, and instead of taking the loosing 13 and 15's bets, the floorperson told me to just push with her. It was quite a sight to be seen I was flittertwaded the rest of the day.

Nothing is to be said about Monday, but Tuesday I had 2 tickets to THE PRICE IS RIGHT LIVE at Bally's.
I took my Granny! We had a good time, neither of us won a thing, But my friend/co-worker (B) was 1st on stage and a winner.
We didn't run into or see each other before the show at all, when he got called I cheered him on. When he was talking to the host ( not Bob Barker) I stood up at my seat with was fairly close to the stage and yelled "O'sheas Rocks!" And they both stopped and turned to me and B said my name outloud and pointed right at me. The host made some jokes about me being B's other date in case the one he was on didn't work out... it was a funny moment because B is married and he was there with a female freind his wife sent with him on her behalf.
We had a good time anyway!

No comments: