Thursday, May 04, 2006

Fun at the Flamingo

I had my usual thursday dealing at the Flamingo. But didn't get a lot of sleep last night due to the heat and lack of air conditioning. We have an AC but its not working and I am waiting on a service call from the property management group. So I tossed n turned most of the night. Lack of sleep is aborderline lame reason for a call in. So I got going and went to work this morning and 1st thing put my name on the EO (early out) list to get it asap. Well I was not that fast, I was #2 on the list. Then my friend was #3 and around 7am I was told there wasn't much hope for it, until maybe around 10 when the day shift crew comes in. So 9:20 comes and I go on break... When my break is over I hope for the best to come soon. I do get tapped out at 10 but the day shift person didn't say anything to me, like "go home." And As I cross the pits my friend yells "J, C'mon" removed her badge and headed to the time clock. I stop at where the boss is and there was the "go home" I waited to hear!

By this time I really needed it for more than lack of sleep. I had goofed up a few times today and probably because I didn't sleep. And not to mention I was in pain, my shoulder had been bothering me for abut 2-3 hours now.

Back to those goof-ups. First I'm on single deck and there was a few natural 21's which I paid as if I were still on a shoe or double-deck, which are 3 to 2 for the natural 21. But it slipped my mind that single deck BJ is 6 to 5. And the floorman was near when a natural 21 was on hand and I was trying to do the math for 3 to 2, when it was an odd amount of money bet. As I so proudly cut out the correct payout amount for a 3 to 2, I was corrected and put the money away, then onto pay for a 6 to 5. Gawd, who knows how many slipped by with overpayment. Then the floorman took the sign off hte table that said it was a $10.00 table and got another similar sign out that said "$10 to $3000 / 6 to 5 Blackjack Payout." Maybe he thought if I would have seen a sign like that I would have realized and not made the error, and non the less it was too late.

Then later I go to a double deck with no players. Then there's 1 player and I change his $100 bill for 20 red chips and notice I only have about $200 worth in red left. YIKES! Well it's not too bad while theres just one player. But then a few more people come n go. 2 of which did that very fast, as I could NOT bust a 6 showing, and would draw into 20 or 21 and kill the table. So two women both stormed off with about 50 each in red. So I'm way down in red now. Maybe 100 worth in the rack. 2 more ladies come up, sit down and buy in. The 1st for 60, all in red. The other for 100, and I ask if i can give her half in green for now, that I didn't have a lot of red left. Then I have about 2 or 3 red chips in my rack and a man sits down to play. I can't give him change in red. The players suggested he go to the next table and buy the chips and come back (LOL), so he did. Then when the floorman hears that dealer call out "changing 100" he glances over and notices he walked away with the 100 in red, but walked right to my table. So he looked at my rack and subtly freaked out. Put in for an emergency fill and before I knew it I had 500 in red, that wouldn't fit in my rack barely! It was a messy looking rack, I think I had too much purple, imagine that! The the floorman tells me, "Let' em walk away with the red, we're taking the table to $25 in 20 minutes." Crazy!

When I got home I called the chiropractor to see if I could get in earlier than 3pm. I come to find out they don't even take appointments on thursdays until 3pm. So, I just have to wait it out. Ouch!

No comments: