Saturday, May 06, 2006

Jethro Bodine and then some...

Well I started on the front dice table, closed it probably within the 1st hour. The whole dice crew took a 20 minute break and went to the back table to take out swing shift. Probably didn't keep that open too long. This older- maybe 50ish man was shooting from the 3rd base side and Aaron on the 2nd base side, then other playeres came and went until everyone went.

As I went on my break Aaron left the table, on my way he stopped me to tell me about his weekend plans. I pretended to care... the most interesting thing (to me) was that he was going to see Crystal Method at Ice (a night club, not 'on ice' like Disney. He brought up some other plans, some of which were way too personal, and he went as far to say he wished those plans were with me! Unbelievable!

Well, Then we closed the table as I was returning from my break, and opened the front table back up. It is rediculous how we juggle tables. Well the 50ish guy made his way back up... And he started being almost as come-ony as Aaron. He even said something about where his room was and where he would be when I got off at noon... and something about "bring the stick" ROFL! Well he played a long time and every time his 6 or 8 $5 come bet with $25 odds payed off, He'd give me $5. I made almost $100 off this guy! While he played we talked (obviously) and we asked him his name at one point, with his reply "Bo...dine, Bodine" I thought he said "Bodey" when I was on stick, but he corrected me when I got to base. Mark said he would just call him Bo, I went on to call him Bodine. Then these 2 younger guys were playing next to him and introduced themselves. Bodine introduced himself "Bodine, Jethro Bodine" and I burst out laughing so hard. "He's a Beverly Hill Billy!" I Blurted out. So he explained His real name is Jeff but his buddies called him Bodine one time and it stuck, so he went with it. He sure was a character!

No comments: