Monday, May 15, 2006

Rip Me a New One, Then Put on Band-aid on It!

Last night I felt like my boxman was giving me hell. He had a few comments that peeved me off. They felt derogatory. I went on with dealing and when I had a break I found the manager on break too. I sat with him and let the boil simmer down then I brought up the situation. He said he was sure the boxman was just joking around. I replied that it sure didn't feel that way... and it was unfair because I'm adjusting to a new sleep schedule, I'm somewhat out of practice, and spent 6 months picking up bad habits (which need broke, this I know).

An hour or so later on on base next to the boxman. He stands up next to me, leans close enough to speak softly so that no one else can hear. He says to me "Everyone is going to give you a hard time for a while, you need some time to get up to speed with us. Don't let it upset you. We say stuff, that sounds hard on you, but it is because we see potential in you, there are some we just don't say anything to, because we've given up on them. Just do you best. Work on your prop box, speed will come with time."

I just get so frustrated that being on Graveyard put a damper on my game. I picked up bad habits and its almost embarrassing. It was for me last night anyway. But I will get over it.

One dealer said to me on the table late last night "you should know, you've been dealing as long as I have." I said "No I took a 6 month job dealing 21! With maybe 2 days a week on dice if I was lucky" Maybe these guys understand now.

No comments: