Monday, April 17, 2006

$88 and Quarks Bar

We earned a bonus at work with our customer service scores... before taxes etc, it is a whoppin' $88... S & I went in, on our day off, to check out the 'banquet/party' and pick up our checks because they wouldn't stick it to our paychecks which go in direct deposit... not exactly Liquid Latinum...

Then we headed to find a place to eat, something new and different, ended up at the Hilton. We were going to go to their mexican cantina but the menu didn't seem too appealing. So we walked down the way and decided to look at the menu at Quark's, yes Quark as in the Ferengi on Star Trek: DS9. Didn't actually see Quark, but we did run into a couple other aliens, such as an Andorian and a Vulcan. Well the drinks even beer were all names used in various episodes from all of the ST series. I think what I drank was a Klingon Warzog Ale, which is actually a heffe. And I ate some out of this world fettucini with lobster.

If you're a geek, its a fun and unique experience. Guess I am a closet geek. I enjoyed it, I was like a kid when I saw the aliens walking about.

No comments: