Thursday, March 09, 2006

Orville?

Had a couple of guys playing blackjack with a good personality and lots of conversation floating. I like to ask people where they are visiting from, and these two guys replied with what I heard as "Orville, KY." So since I am not that familiar with all of KY, I asked where that was. They both kind of laughed like i was an idiot and one said "Orville, where the Kentucky Derby is... 16th largest city in America..duh..." I said, "no way, really!" Then they said something to another player about Louisville, and I said "LOUISVILLE, oh did you say you were from LOUISVILLE, KY" their heads were nodding and I started laughing so hard and said "Oh gawd, I thought you guys said ORVILLE, no wonder, you must have thought I was an idiot!" They started cracking jokes about Orville Redenbacher/popcorn jokes and calling eachother Orville. It was very funny at the time. I was so goofied-up by it that I counted the other plays 4 card 21 (4-7-7-3) as 18 somehow, I am guessing I missed the 3.

And the rest of the day as I would walk by they would say something about Orville.

Turns out there is an Orville, KY! Location is 38°23'54"N 84°54'56"W

Orville is the 430th most popular male first name in the USA; frequency is 0.024%; percentile is 83.009 [SourceCBN]

No comments: