Friday, March 31, 2006

Looking out for who?

I've always thought my floorpersons looked out for us dealers. But all-in-all they are looking out for their selves. I can see they are planning ahead. As the chess pieces are falling off of the table. The Bishop is seeing the Pawns getting prepared for war.

Enough of the Chess metaphor. I did NOT deal dice today - and waited for them to break down and put me up there. I would refuse. But this never came to be.

For some reason they put a baboon up there. Oh yeah,(sence my sarcasm as it is) it's a GREAT time to throw a baboon in, blind to the ways of the game. It was busy and only half of the crew knew what they were doing. After 1 hour, I asked the boxperson whose Wheaties he pissed in. It was pure insanity and I could see that he was unhappy with the situation. Eventually he demanded the baboon be replaced, at least the replacement had studied the game and discussed it- unlike the baboon.
On a break with the boxman I saw this look in his eyes. Then he began to tell me about it. He could not run a game that he could not control. I am sure he is sitting at home having a 6-pack right now! If it were me, anyway, I dont even know if that could numb it for anyone.

Yesterday the schedule had no indication I was dealing Dice at all this weekend, nor for anyone else. Today it was only indicated for today and no indications for the rest of the weekend.

If I am on dice, with a similar situation as today- at all, this weekend I am going to give it a 1 hour trial. But I don't have patience, and I'll beg and plead to steer clear of such a muck, and go stright to jail (21), do not pass go, & do not collect $200.00!

If my floorpersons do not care to strengthen my skills but merely scratch at them with poison thorns, I can not give back more than is given. How can I get faster on a game with a pause button for baboons, thats frequently getting pressed.

I also asked the main floorperson for my shift today if he knew when I would be going back to swing and he gave me a dead empty stare. He was completely unaware that I even applied for transfer. So I said "I applied just before the auditions." He explained that HR was taking weeks in processing any new hires and I probably wouldn't be able to go anywhere until I could be replaced. And that the shift's crew was already short. Please excuse me while I scream. 3 months will pass by fast, and doubt I will be up to speed like the swing and day shift dealers. As in 3 months is the next round of auditions.

I have more potential than this demeaning stand-by servitude. I am the Bishop!

No comments: