Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Car Buying Run Arounds

Still Shopping for a new vehicle. This is not fun at all! More Like Aggravating!

The 1st look-see was a older Jeep Wranger way out on hte far west side of town, well it drove ok but needed modifications before I was comforable in it. The top was in rags, the seats were just WRONG and uncomfortable, the shift-stick handle was MIA, plus it was a 4cyl.

Then I came across another Jeep about the same age, nice top, new paint, ran well. I got the salesman down from $6500 to $4500 and then brought S to see it. He said looks good, saw a few minor leaks under the vehicle, we was almost about to let me have it, then he asked if the AC worked, I said, I hadn't thought about it coz I test drove it in the morning when it was cool. Well there was NO AC and it was all black! So we moved on.

Saw an ad for a Blazer in my price-range at a dealership- called around 11 to see if it was there, they said it was, drove way out there to see it and it was gone. We had a feeling it wasn't there when I called... So we left.

On to see a Bravada we saw on craigslist -in the ad it looks good and sounds good. We made arrangemnts to see it "after 2pm" we get there and theres some guys in the garage kind of fiddling with it, and we notice there's no panelling on the inside of the drivers side door. So we moved on.

Saw another ad on craigslist, for a newer jeep, the ad said to email the owner for more info, so I did. And I got an Auto-responce from Yahoo, with an ebay link, no big deal so I followed it, and browsed right past the writen info to see the pics 1st, then back up to see the price listed and something familiar caught my eye, and no one was home for me to freak out with, but this LAS VEGAS AREA listing was actually not in LV at all, but in of all places in America- but NOBLES(effen)VILLE, INDIANA! go figure! (Don't be asking me for a link now, I can't find it again.)

Last night S went to see an Amigo at a dealership, thought it acceptable for me and when I got home from work today he sent me to see it. So I went. I saw. I drove. I made an Offer. They were asking $4995, I offered $4000 even - and they scoffed at me. After their dealer fees and BS it was like $6500 (GASP). I do not think I want to deal with a Big Dealership at all, after that. What a sour taste that left in my mouth. Damn I really liked the Amigo too!

Theres another Jeep I just can't seem to get my mind off of. It's a nice medium blue with soft top. I stopped to double check its price today, still $7995, I didn't bother asking if they would take my measley $4000 offer. Its at a Used Cars Only Dealership. But I drive by this Jeep DAILY and fantasize about it being MINE.

Back thru the Trader Paper I Go.

No comments: