Thursday, March 16, 2006

Good to go on Poker; Too Hot to Handle on 21

Jesus ( say it in spanish like "Hey Zues") the ACM was our head floorman again today. The last day for a while. He doesn't really care what game you go to after break, as long as its one of the choices. Some floorpersons are super specific with where you go when you come back from a break. He's so friendly... I will miss his style.

I didn't deal much 21 at all today. I have learned to love this Bonus Texas Hold'em in spite of 21. I already preferred the other 2 poker games, anyway, I started on 21 because we were packed. It went like this...

4am - party pit - 21,a $15 game- reamed them all and they left and I closed the table all in less than 20 minutes. With time to spare before expected break time, I ran keys back and forth between the pits, then went on break at 4:20.

4:40 take the farthest back 21 table, ream the players and run them off broke, close the table all within 20 minutes again. Tell floorpersons I was only on for 20 and could stay down to help get the swing shift OT out of there. So, I was sent to a 21 table, but it was the shoe and they were bringing out new cards and the dealer who starts this procedure/process as to finish it. SO I was sent to the next table over ( double deck *grumble*) and take out a swing shifter and was there until 5:20- thats a good 40 minutes, so I go on break.

5:40 I return and floor asks who knows Let it Ride Poker - guess who jumps on this chance to NOT deal 21... So I tap out a Swing-shifter who should go home now. And I deal this game to 3 college aged idiotic boys, YES I mean BOYS. The middle one says if he gets a royal flush he will give me a few grand from it. I failed in dealing him this hand BUT I did give him a 3 of a kind. I had enough of swing shift leftover drunks, so I was short fused and sassy, so I said " So you only share when its a Royal Flush?" And he looks at me like he did not understand a word I said as he plays with his newly gained 50.00. Then the next hand is over and he gave me 5.00 (an acceptable 10%) and said something about forgetting to tip me. His soberish friend says "THATS what she was saying (mumbles) dumbass." Only a few hands pass and they are out of there. So, I ask Jesus if I should bring up my lid and close this table too. He debates and agrees and tells me to have the other floor person do the paperwork and open Bonus Texas Hold 'em (BTH). I called Patrick over to bring the paper work and keys and get this table closed. Then its Almost 6 and I am opening BTH. I soon get tapped out again for a break.

6:20 I come back and take on 3-card Poker woohoo! They day is settling and no new games will open or close until day shift floorpersons come in.

I had a forgivable and fixable incident on roulette. A guy had 5 ships on 13 and it hit. I swear I thought it was 4 chips, so I cut out 1 black and 2 stacks of 20 in play chips. Call out "140 - 1 black out". Patrick walks over and notices it is 5 chips as does the player at this time and Patrick asks how much I paid... I replied "140" "it should be 175 he says" so I cut out 35 more and pushed it out. Big deal & Patrick didn't get upset. Patrick doesn't sweat this stuff, he's a good floorperson personality wise.

Back to BTH later with this great guy from Albuquerque. He put a lot of bets up for me on the bonus. One time, he had pocket rockets (AA) and got all excited. If dealer has AA too he gets paid 1000 to 1 on the bonus. Well Dealer didn't have AA so we both only got paid 30 to 1, still a good dea. And I took my 31 and dropped it in my tip box. 2 hands later I'm still up on the bonus bet with him and he gets AK suited and that pays 25 to 1 for both of us. Then when I got tapped out he gave me a big high five!

My last game on for the day was 21 on hte 8 deck shoe. I reamed 'em. I was just too hot to handle today when it came to 21. I hate that too! I dont make tips when I take all of their money.

2 comments:

Sean Smith said...

can I double down on an 11?

duh orville.

DiceGRRL said...

should I even answer that...