Friday, March 17, 2006

The Craps Bitch

If I play my cards right, I will have all three days on dice this weekend. Today, friday, St Patty's Day, I was on dice. I was glad, but I was wrong too. I went to the front table first off, and onto stick. Both tables were open and in this case grave usually takes the front table. But not today, soon-after other dealers/floorpersons came up there looking for me, coz I guess they had planned on us going on the back table. Not to mention I was unknowingly on tokes committee. I've been stuck with this alot when I am dice. Why can't I get to do it on non-dice days. So anyway, 1st break is not a break, when its a dice day. Well I got out of there as soon as the other swing shift dealer returned and started collecting tokes and after did my toke duties I went to the back dice table.

Nick was Box for the most part and correcting me a lot. Many of the things we do, I guess are not proceedure, but ARE very slack. And it is not stuff you would learn at school either. So I figured it out after about an hour- He was letting the other dealers slide when it came to those things he corrected me on. He knows I'm either going to swing shift or the Flamingo so he's getting me prepared etc. And so we talked about it a few minutes when I went on my break.

But the things I wasn't allowed to slide on anymore the players thought I was a bitch about, and a meanie, etc. So I was getting very military on the fact. The dice would be out and some one would throw in a prop bet, so I HAD to call NO BET and have the base dealer return the chips. Over and Over again "No Bet" it seemed I had to call. I had a few other things I'll be watching myself on now, and thats fine. But it is SO annoying that no one else follows the proceedures. They don't really care that I call NO BET.

When the back table closed, I explained to the players it isn't at all that I dislike them, I liked them plenty - but that I had to follow the rules, and I can't make everyone do the same. So I look like the Bitch, but I'm not really one.

I also checked the schedule for the rest of the week and it shows me on dice both tomorrow and sunday. I'm going to pass out, I have more than 2 days on dice. But my money is on the dice table closing early sunday. My luck! This is how my shift boss is...

No comments: