Sunday, February 26, 2006

He thought I was single...

A Local, A regular at that, came in again today. He started with the flirts and flattering remarks and playing his way on the dice table (a dark sider). His way seems to run non-dark-siders off, so he was playing alone for a while. And when his come out roll was a 4 and he was actually playing the Pass Line, I told him he could always play the DC (aka Don't Come) and he said to me "I can't do that, I like to come" and I laughed! And there was some other smirk comment on players who "Don't Come" so I had to reply, saying "well those who don't come, haven't played with me." That one really got him! Then he said something like "maybe I should have said I don't know how to come" And we were both laughing because we- esp me, can get away with talking like this at the dice table because, we ARE talking about the game!

Later I moved to my base, across from him and as I was pulling up my sleeves the light must have hit my wedding ring just right because he seemed to out of the blue, ask "is that a wedding ring?" And I replied honestly, seeing his disappointment. He kind of mellowed out of the conversation and flirts, so I gave him a hard time "So what?!?! You don't want to talk to me anymore? That's not nice" He said "Nah, we're cool"

And we had a few more conversations the rest of his time there... And in the midst of one I got tapped out for my break, but I Decided to be friendly and keep the conversation going and spent my break next to the dealer and boxman talking.

It's nice to be flattered by someone whose not so drunk they'd attempt flattering a frog.

No comments: