Tuesday, September 02, 2008

We Need STUFF

So we gave away so much stuff so we would not have to move it or what ever, now we need to replace it. I have been surfing Freecycler and Craigslist and then I had an idea to make a wish list.

Target has a List maker, kind of like a gift registry and so I utilized it this morning.
What fun... kind of.
At least I don't have to go int he store and scan everything like I did when we got married.
So, anyway if you are interested in this at all here is the link to my list.
I am sure I will discover more things to add and add them as I think of it if they have it.
Big ticket items, I don't think I would go to Target to get.
We need a few large furniture pieces... Sofa, Dresser... But I hope to find these in the Craigslist or from Freecyclers. Or hit it big in a slot machine and just go buy it. I'm plain folk tho- I dont need fancy pansy stuff. Just Functional and attractive. So please keep you 1960's velour-like upholstered sofa to yourself please LOL. S has already hated my hot pink velveteen pincess chair since the day he saw it, but it's an antique - and it goes OH SO WELL with his haunted clock. :)

Almost every city has Freecyclers, its just a forum to post things you want, don't want anymore, need, etc... all based on FREE, as in just giving it away to someone who needs it. like hte whole PAY IT FORWARD concept.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When i select somthing for you will it send it to your address? will it fall off your list so you dont get 2 of an item? Glad you guys made it ok and good luck! Cant wait to hear new stories from you and S. let me know about the above and ill see what i can do.
KEN

DiceGRRL said...

Ken
was not really expecting someone to engage int his LOL. but i wont stop you that is for sure!

i do not know the answers for sure. i do know that when you select something it gets marked as "fullfilled" and assume you can choose a send to address if it does not automatically go to mine. i would think it would tho...

Pumakid said...

It will show that those items have been "fulfilled" on the list. Joolz, you should be expecting a few items soon. It's not much but the thought that counts. It's nice that Target will send items they have in stock right away and will send other items when they get them in and not charge extra for shipping. It doesn't show the address because J&S have the address blocked but assume they have their current address updated or their old house will be getting a few items soon. LOL

DiceGRRL said...

pumakid
thanks very cool of you to 'pitch in'

i went n double checked my mailing address and so hopefully they will send it to this one.