Sunday, June 15, 2008

I am so SICK of this

If i never hear another word about the situation, it will be too soon!

over the last 2 months, there has been a diamond or platinum total rewards card holder playing at the shit hole i work in. At 1st I took his as an average black guy with ghetto game etiquette. I placed nice to him because we are supposed to kiss the card holders' asses who are anything above gold-status. He tried making late bets and scamming dealers. He has offered me pay off if i help him cheat, he has mentioned another dealer as a helper in the same way. He has hit on me and bothered me the whole time. I have asked for extra table supervision the whole time, while getting this line from the floor-persons: "Just call no late bets" well it was not that easy or i am breaking down! i have fellow dealers who just do not communicate well [in English] or do their job sufficiently. I have had to baby sit them, baby sit this cheater, and provide excellent service to all the other players, and in the mean time i have a hand full of new/learning dealers i have to monitor and or teach! this is guy just kept taking or trying to take shots on us and all the other dealer dont say much. One day I get called down to corporate investigators who ask me if i want to wear a wire and help catch this guy, to play him and loosen him up until we get it arranged. another day i get called AFTER WORK, to the offices and i am assuming we are about to set up the sting opp. well the VP shows up with the shift manager from Days ( not even my shift), the police and a gaming investigator. I was interrogated and accused of helping the cheater. WTF is that all about- while i have complained and wrote reports and all to get rid of him, no one wants to believe me how it was. well i never got my increased table supervision until after the meeting. and find out he got 86'd from all of our properties. What ever, I am glad he is gone but it is still injustice to me and insulting to me.

Today I get called into the office to talk to a middle manager who has been couching me up to be what they are looking for in a floor supervisor so that i may advance.

he wants to hear all about it, all about the whole thing- what has been happening over the last 2 months. a few minutes into the conversation with him, another manager shows up with my direct supervisor. I am stressed and sick from going over it over and over again and hearing the same things from everyone.

plus i hear today after the meeting with the investigators i should have called the VP and discussed with him the plans the investigators had. but i had no idea what warranted calling the VP nor would i have known the VP didn't know about their plans.

The middle manager said I was not in trouble he just wanted to know more... Why the person he thought was the best dice dealer on the shift was in such a situation.


WHY? - I WILL TELL YOU WHY!

BECAUSE I AM ONLY **HUMAN**

Now it is Sunday and I am off to browse the classifieds. I miss the bartending SOOO much, now! more over I miss being a home maker- but thats too far out of reach!
If you manage a bar, I am looking to tend, again! so lets help each other out here!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry The RAT BASTARDS at your work are giving you shit when you tried to alert them what was going on. typical Mngmnt. Hay I think Life as a Vegas bartender would make for a great blog. I put myself through school bartending and LOVED it!
I was very happy to see you had a new entry i always miss you when u go away for a while. I use your link to get to ur Hubbys blog and saw you had somthing new I hope to hear from u soon thanks for your stories they make me happy to read them. Enough babbling

genomeboy said...

glad to see you back writing, sorry your work blows chunks...

DiceGRRL said...

ken,
yup i am going to look for a bar job!
even if i have to start out serving food, better than barbacking! better than the shit i am dealing with now too!

genomeboy,
hi! i write when i have something to say. i guess i haven't had much to say. lets see what i have to say about yesterday...

FleaStiff said...

I hope you remain a craps dealer and do not let this unfortunate incident push you towards taking any hasty action.
It might be that some of the floor people were part of the cheating and thats why there was such inaction.
Good luck to you.

DiceGRRL said...

thanks fleastiff, you never know! But it sure the hell wasn't me!

We will see what life dishes out for me next! it can ONLY et better!

FleaStiff said...

A dealer is often reminded that he should Dummy Up and Deal while Floorpersons and PitBosses attend to problems. One dealer was astounded to hear his Pit Boss apologizing to a gambler until the dealer spotted security guards converging on the problem gambler. In the incidents you describe, you did all you could have done. You have no way of knowing what internal procedures even exist for notifying various Vice Presidents and would never be carbon-copied on any such notices so you have no way of knowing if such procedures were followed. You reported improper activities and allegations of cheating. Thats about all you could have done. You should not be made to suffer for some VP's ego being bruised by his having been left out of the loop or the persistent inaction of the first-line supervisors to whom you reported problems.

DiceGRRL said...

you are spot on fleastiff

and thanks for reminding me!

FleaStiff said...

I'm glad that you didn't switch to tending bar...things seem to be working out for you. Good luck!!

DiceGRRL said...

Hey Fleastiff!

I am in santa fe new mexico. this place is awesome, i have to wrote a new blog post... keep your eyes open!

thanks for keeping up with me!