Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, Its a....er, um...SICK

It's a Bug, Its a Bacteria, It's the PLAGUE.

Or at least this is how I feel lately! Well on top of the horrible stomach bacteria, which I thought was what drug me down on my days off, drug me to the employee medical clinic today. I didn't have an appointment and they were booked up, I guess everyone's got it! But they said I could wait around and squeeze in between appointments.

Turns out to be Sinusitis, on top of the bacteria. So I have 2, count 'em, YES 2, issues which make me wanna barf on a whim. Can I ever just be well and pain-free and happy? I mean geez-us... in November I changed my life. I started exercising regularly and eating according to a low calorie and low fat diet. I have lost about 30 lbs since then and was feeling great, until that one too abscessed! Damnit!! Then it's all gone down hill from there...

Well I was at work only 3 hours when the supervisor finagled me an EO. I sounded horrible and felt it too. But the finagling pissed-off a coworker who was due the EO.

About 2 weeks ago when my grandmother was released from hospital care, I was the only one who could help her and get her home. I was also #1 on the EO list so that I could get to the hospital on the far south west side of town, get her home in the north west side and settled etc before I had to come back to my home on the eastern side of town.. Anyway so I needed to get out that day just as much as this guy who had the sniffles, he could've taken attendance point if he felt that bad and left. So today he gets #1 on the EO and Me #2. The boss asks if I wanna go home sick, I say "I don't want to take a point..." So he has a talk with #1 who is suddenly pissy but made the choice to let me go home instead of him. The boss stops me and says "you owe him one, you know!"

The one thing I have learned in this line of work, You have to look out for yourself, no one else will. If he wanted to go home so bad, he could have said NO to my request.

I'd buy the guy a case of beer if he wasn't so pissy to me as I walked by and left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have been down as of late. I will think non-denominational happy thoughts for you as to not offend amyone's particular belief. with this i hope you have a speedy recovery.