Tuesday, January 08, 2008

H. Pylori

That is a stomach bacteria. It makes you feel really shitty, and pukey. When it gets the best of you in its early stages you either feel like a zombie or like zombies are ripping you apart.

Mental images from Shaun of the dead come to mind.

Anyway, I don't think I've talked about it yet. In early November i had dental work done, a week or so later I was deathly sick and puking, even had to run off my table at work to visit the porcelain thrown, needless to say they sent me home and I went to their little clinic doctor. Diagnosis #1: I was having reactions to the antibiotics from the dentist. But they took a car load of blood tests and a urine analysis.

Then I have Thanksgiving week off with out of town visitors for 9 days. I felt miserable the whole week. Slept thru most of the scenic drives and sight seeing excursions, in hte back seat of the car.

I get a letter from the clinic with lab test results, positive for this "H. Pylori" bacteria.
In short you start out with peptic ulcers. You may get stomach cancer if left untreated.
So I make a appointment and go back to see the doctor. I get my own private pharmacy to take home, which included 2 kinds of antibiotics, Prilosec and i don't know what else now. Also i had to go for another lab test, just blood this trip- but 7 vials! When I finished those meds, I had to go back for a very off lab test. I had to hold my breath then breathe into this air bag which seals off, drink some whacked water powder mix, wait about 5 minutes, breathe into another air bag, then go on about my day.

So the Airbag lab tests came back, I'm still positive for the bacteria! I am to go back the end of January and February to do that test again both times?!

I started to feel better, less pukey anyway. Until today... Today I woke up feeling like crap again. Yesterday I had slight concern as the pains in my gastric region started up again but thought it was the food I had. Today I'm not so sure it was the food.

Let me tell you about the gastric pains. Sharp! Tight! Horrible! Right at the bottom of where your sternum ends. This is beyond everyday heart burn! THIS IS WAKE YOU UP AT NIGHT AND KEEP YOU UP IN TEARS PAIN! Which if you could imagine, increases when heaving and puking.

No comments: