Saturday, December 29, 2007

Secret Santa...

Our shift had a Xmas gift exchange the weekend before Xmas. 2 weeks before Xmas everyone who participated dropped their name into a 'hat' and then pulled someone else name out. They were to secretly buy a gift for that person in the $25-30 range. Well not everyone quite understood. If you don't already know about that person you snoop- you ask people who do know them about what they like or something.

So I get a great big bottle of Kahlua liqueur, cool for me. Thursday after Xmas I was asking around what people got, who got it for them etc. As usual I'm on Craps, stick position, dead game... I asked J - he got a t-shirt, which still had the tags on and was clearly less than the spending specifications, but he wasn't going to sulk. I asked G his answer was worse "nothing." but he seemed to be over it. I knew who his would be Santa was and have been giving him heck. I think I am going to get something for G just because I feel bad that this didn't work out for him.

Then D, who was in a dual-rate suit that day, walks up to box to check in on us, and I ask him what he got...

"You didn't hear?!?!" he asks

"No... what?" I inquire.

"I got hooks..." he sheepishly lets out.

"Hooks?! for fishing?"

"No, to hang stuff on!"

"WTF?!?! you're kidding right?"

"No! Get this, all morning so-n-so was asking me if i got to my package yet, I saw it there but didnt know how to approach it. Get this, it was wrapped in a grocery sack, with the handles tied up, and a paper towel taped to it with my name on it. When I finally got around to opening it, he must have realized it was missing from under the tree, and asked me 'so, ya gonna hang some stuff?' "

J and G were laughing so hard by this point they were crying, and so was I and even D. by this time we couldn't even look at each other with out the laughter busting out. All day and even to this day we look at each other we just say HOOKS and bust out laughing again.

Now G says he doesn't feel as bad about getting nothing!

No comments: