Friday, November 10, 2006

2-Way Hard Way and Bullseyes

I'm not even half of an hour into the shift last night, when a few people start gathering to play.
A man, David settles in on the hook and shortly after a 30-something redhead, Debbie settles in down the middle, next to him.
David bets hard ways and occassionaly 2-way on them.
Debbie followed suit one round on the 2-way hard 8, 1 dollar each. And shortly after a hard 8 rolls.
I pay David then Debbie, Handing Debbie her $9. She asked why I only paid her 9 if she had bet it 2 way. I took a breathe and asked her if she knew what a hard eight was, and her reply was "2 dollars" but i Stopped and said "how can I explain this [with out soundign greedy]... 2-way means 1 for you, and 1 for me, so we both win!" I didn't get the expected reply. I expected "Oh I meant 2-dollar hard eight" But rather she said "Oh I'm a good tipper! You just got $9 too!!!" as she celebrated being generous on accindent I nodded and thanked her. So all night she kept up the 2 ways ended up many times throwing out 8 bucks to cover all of them. And she always made sure when she hit that we got ours!

Well in the mean time, the dice are shooting from the other end. Lots of times the dice going off the table mostly Nearly into Debbie's Cleavage! So when She shot we started calling her Bulls Eye Debbie and it was a hoot. But the Dice didn't always go off towards her chest. A few times they came at me, past me, into me, etc as usual. Well I felt one grace past my waist between my left side and left arm. The box man and players nearest me looked all over for that die, to no avail! Then I demonstrated the path with my right hand to show the boxman which direction it would have gone, when I felt it. I did sort of grace past my waist, but between two buttons thru an opening, INTO my short. So I had to fish it out right there in front of god and everyone, then hand it over to the boxman. The gang sure got a laugh out of that one! So I guess I was a bit of a TARGET too!

No comments: