Thursday, April 13, 2006

A FUN-tabulous Day at the Pink Chicken

I was dealing 21 next door today, and it was a good day.

On my 1st break I went to ask the boxman in the dice pit if I could step in on a few of my breaks, and he asked me if I was learning dice. I told him, I know dice, I just dont get a lot of time on the dice table next door. So he said I could step in right then, but I had to pee, so I said I would be back on my next break.

My next break came around I went right to 3rd base on the dice table and tapped in. There was only 3 players, one of which who was not really playing, he had a line bet a couple times but didn't have a clue how to play. And even tho he asked how to play he was too drunk to understand. Well it was going super smooth and I could hear the other dealers and box man commenting on me. And jokingly they told the guy I tapped out to go deal 21 because they wanted me to stay on the table. Well too bad it was a joke on him. I would have LOVED to stay on dice all day!

Then my 20 minutes was up before I knew it, and I had to go back to 21, and I said I would be back!

My next break I went to 2nd base where there was but 1 player, a Marine I think because he kept yelling "oow-rah" He was playing pretty big well big compared to O'sheas action levels. But he was also putting the dealers up in many ways and good! Like 5 on the line and 25 behind 5 on the hard ways each and on the hopping bets of what ever the point was, and we hit time and time again! I learned a few things as well, from the experience.

On my last break I was on break with one of the dice dealers who commented... complimented me on my game. And I asked him "How did I do?" and he said I was better then some of the full time dice dealers he works with. OOW-RAH :) I had a lil' party in my mind, hearing it from this dealer was a real compliment! I told him if they needed a stand in on dice that I'm game! He said he was going to tell his boxman!

I can not wait until next week if I get to go next door again, I will take a couple breaks on the dice table, again!

After work I went to the school because I wanted to tell Phil (my teacher) about my day, but I found out he was not there because he was out for surgery. I will go back next week, maybe monday to see him and tell him.

Personaly I think this will help me, those dealers and boxman will remember me as good and ambitious and it might be an ounce or so of juice for me when I'm ready to Audition again!
But for now it is definetley giving me practice...

I'm just feeling good and Jazzed! ! !

No comments: