Tuesday, February 07, 2006

How to Make 50 Dollars

While waiting around in the Rio today we were watching a high-roller roulette game.
A man of about 45, a mid-20's black man, and a cute mid-20's blonde white female. The 1st 2 were playing with lots of black (100's) and green(25's) flirting with the blonde who was flirting back! I was at 1st more enthralled by the automatic check muck-n-sorter.. But then the next round of bets and spin was about to begin, the black male hollared "someone give me a number" so I yelled 17, (I always watch for the 17 for some reason) and he put a bunch of chips on that number and tons of other numbers too. Then he said if it hit he was giving me $100! Well it didn't hit and I started to turn away. Then he said "I'm gonna give you $50 just for telling me your favorite number", I did not take him serious... then when he was paid out a few thousand for the 23 that did hit he he called me over and asked me my name and handed me 10 $5 chips hugged me and kissed me on the cheek, I returned the gesture of the hug/kiss and thanked him, told him the 17 was gonna hit later and went on my way to the cage to cash in!

This completely outshined what was going to be my story for the day. Which in breif is that I saw poker stars Phil Ivey and Gun Hansen playing craps at a reserved table in the Bellagio...

We were going to play poker today but the tourney we planned to play in at the Gold Coast was sold-out and there was no game at all at the rio... So the day was poker-less for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you control yourself? I would be all freaked out screaming after seeing Phil. haha