Friday, February 17, 2006

Back to Swing. Maybe?

Today I was sure it was Saturday All day! Finally realized it was really Friday!

The day started out kind of scarey... On Dice, 3rd base for my 1st 20 minutes. A middle-eastern man of mid 40's came to the table and placed 170 inside. When the next number rolled I cut out and payed the payout and he kept saying something I didn't realize/understand. So he got upset and took down all fo his bets, but stuck around. Then the young white male next to him heard him say some bad/mean things and asked him to be nice in so many words. Then it looked like they were about to brawl, I kept trying to tell the box person to call security, well this box person was a security guard before his dealing days and a Marine before that, He finally heard me and so he decided to get up and break it up himself. He did it very diplomatically and I Commend him on this and told his supervisors. Not all box persons have balls, and don't always bother to 'take care of their dealers' so this was a welcomed display.

Also today the dice crew included one of which who rarely gets to deal dice, he's not too good because he doesn't get to deal it too much, and so it was a head ache for the rest of the crew and box persons.

This dealer getting on the table this weekend is also showing me that I'm probably NOT going to get my 3 days on dice, per week!

I'm probably going to apply to transfer back to swing shift.

The 2nd dice table came in and is ready for use and so after a few employees moving next door next month, I will get back to swing with some seniority. and more time on dice. I'm hoping 6 more months or so and I can transfer, but I refuse to transfer as a black jack dealer.

No comments: