Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Baboon is Back

It started to feel like a normal day. Dice was open and I was dealing it, with the normal crew. We had averaged 3 players on each side. It was smooth going for a few hours. Then suddenly it was like a train wreck. And my headache seemed to just implode my brain! The Baboon was sent to my table, to practice dealing and took Brian out, who had to go deal cards. Lucky was he! I had to stay on the table and watch this baboon make a fool and waste of the table. The game slowed nearly to a stop, and players were leaving because it was taking too long between rolls and then the table went ICE COLD.

I think they (the supervisors) need to re-evaluate this situation. At least the other 21 dealers they taught craps to studied the game learned the calls etc. This Baboon doesn't even know the calls, or the payouts for a simple 5 dollar game- YIKES! It was funny and embarrassing at the same time... The Baboon comes on stick and starts cheering for 7, no matter what the time of game is, and the players all kind of pause, take a deep breath and a step back... it's kind of like a twilight zone feeling for a moment. Then you can see it, and feel it. Players are becoming frustrated and eventually they all leave, one by one.

Well finally they pulled the baboon off the table and sent up another dice dealer in training, one with enough sence and ambition to read and study the procedures, stick calls and pay outs.

And if I hear the Baboon sitting around talking like he knows dice again, I am surely going to scream. Because he does sit in the break room and go off about payouts etc with the wrong answers. For those of you who know/knew G.H.- it's déjà vu all over again!

Thank God It's [my] Friday!

No comments: